The Tom Lantos Institute is looking for qualified applicants for the position of Programme Assistant for TLI’s Roma Rights and Citizenship Programme. This is an entry-level position and it is based in Budapest.
• Project support (80%)
o Project administration, supporting the work of Programme Manager for Roma Rights and Citizenship;
o Event organisation including catering, accommodation, travel;
• Communication (20%)
o Managing programme-related website and social media posts (in Hungarian and English)
Required qualifications and skills:
• At least a graduate degree in management, public administration, international relations, social science or any other related field;
• Hungarian to the level of native speaker, fluent in spoken and written English;
• Advanced computer skills (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database, etc);
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure;
• Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team;
• Interest and experience in the field of human rights, minority rights, Romani studies, Roma community work or research on Roma issues is desirable.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send the following application materials:
• CV in English;
• letter of interest (in English, maximum 500 words);
• contact details for two referees (previous supervisors, employers, university lecturers).
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com
The deadline for application is 22 July 2018.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be notified within one week after the deadline.
Candidates should start working on 3 September 2018.
The Tom Lantos Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender balance. We particularly encourage candidates from minorities to apply.